Saturday, February 17, 2018

The Beginning: Again

It's been a few years now since I moved to a new country, and the bookmark of this blog on my homepage is a constant reminder that I've barely written anything in the last two year. I started writing this blog as a means to help me clarify and critique my thoughts and opinions on my experiences and on ideas that i come across.

However, the last two years have left me gasping for breath as a whirlwind of events have left me in a country a few thousands of kilometers from my own, pursuing a PhD in an environment at once strange and familiar. Never more have i needed this outlet and never before have i had less time for it.

However, in the quest of finding a semblance of order in my thinking, i shall pen down my thoughts, however arbitrary and wayward they are for the next few weeks.

With that said, i look at my fellow bloggers and applaud their dedication and ability to keep writing, through thick and thin, through times that require them to stay up nights to write, through writer's blocks that make them  feel like bidding adieu to it all and cozying up with a book. Keep at it folks! You're an inspiration to the rest of us.

Language and the internet

Language evolves. The pace of the evolution is dependent on the frequency of its use. For much of its history, the written word has followed...