Thursday, November 21, 2013

Impromptu #3 - Routine

Here I am, once again caught up in the humdrum of life, going to classes, giving presentations, writing quizzes every other day, working on inconsequential projects as a part of our courses, losing myself in the company of friends, reading random articles on the net. Stuck in the calm between storms, falling into a routine is something that is never immediately realized.
Falling into a routine does have its advantages, the comfortable life with no real thinking and no real effort is something that I can easily get used to partly because of my laziness. It gives me time to think and reflect back to what I want to do.  It also lets me spend all my time achieving none of it.
It’s this that kicks me back to action, when I realize that I’ve done nothing of what I wanted to achieve and that this routine is simply cheating me out of my time that I break out of it and get back to writing, reading papers and analyzing options and this is when I feel most alive but it always raises one question.


Why do I do what I do?



Why do I write? Why do I try to research papers that I hardly ever understand? Why do I try to design projects that I’ll never get around to making?
The answer for each is different but they all have one thing in common. They make me think. They force me out of my comfort zone and make me think in ways that I’d never think about in my routine and that in essence is what makes them refreshing.  I might have ambitions but they’re all in the long term, not something I think about too much, what I do like to think about are things which break the mould and having an ambition that lines up with this, that is just a happy coincidence.

 



For all my reader who made it here, THANKS!, its been a while since I put up random thoughts on my blog, do let me know what you think


Language and the internet

Language evolves. The pace of the evolution is dependent on the frequency of its use. For much of its history, the written word has followed...